Home

Monday, November 15, 2010

01.30.11 - Video: Cinemaworks by John de Guzman



Our Options
When it comes to wedding videography in the country, there's THE Jason Magbanua and then everyone else. Luckily for me, I'm not really the person who would care about the intricate details of a wedding video, that's why I felt JMag was just like everyone else. (Though at times I think about what it would be like to work with what many considers to be the best.) And I say luckily because for me, JMag's prices were astronomical for a videographer! So we just selected from the 'everyone else' list.

1. Rommerson - We met Rommerson at the first bridal fair we attended and the first thing I liked about him is that he's very personal and a really good salesman. He was very easy to deal with and was giving a lot of freebies to his potential clients. What I like about his work was that his videos are light and not dramatic, something that maybe reflected on how me and Joyce are.

2. Chug Cadiogan - Chug's style is almost similar with Rommerson. Personality-wise, Chug was a bit more softspoken, but their works were of similar style.

3. Wang Videography - Actually, this group caught our attention first. Even before going to the fair, we liked their videos already. What threw us off was that they didn't entertain us too much during the fair. But they were the cheapest among those that we heavily considered.

4. Cinemaworks - John de Guzman was actually referred to us by our photographer. He's young but can be considered a veteran in the industry. He has worked with JMag and the likes of Bob Nicolas, mostly on doing edits before coming out on his own. His style is a little bit more dramatic, but not overly done.

Next to the photographers, it is the videographers that can give one a hard time deciding. Through the process of searching, I've enjoyed watching videos of others as well:

Our Choice
Joyce and I were able to meet John and his partner Wellen and I was actually surprised how young he is and I, being a sucker for great potentials, was actually impressed with his works. It also made it easier when I found out that he worked for JMag. I'm sure he was able to learn a thing or two from JMag. Another plus, was the fact that he was recommended by our photographer which only means he and John can work together as a team and hopefully feed on each other's creativity.

Rate: Starts at P50K

No comments:

Post a Comment