Home

Sunday, November 21, 2010

01.30.11 - OTD: Tin Abad of Shimmer Events


Our Options
One of the more important suppliers we thought we must have on the day of the wedding is the OTD coordinator. Joyce and I both agreed that we want a hassle-free wedding day. Coordinators don't come cheap as well, especially the more famous and trusted ones. I actually had some biases already since I know someone who's into wedding coordination, but still, we looked into a couple more options.

1. Ernest Pascual - Ernest was highly recommended by our videographer. Checking out his site, it was obvious that he's really good with details. Oddly, Ernest doesn't do on-the-day coordination, only full and partial. His coordination services though come with a price, a steep one. It would've been nice to work with Ernest, but he was just way over our budget.

2. Christine Ong-Te - This was actually Joyce's first choice. Christine has been in the business for quite sometime now so we were quite sure she can deliver. One factor that made us not choose her was the price. Don't get me wrong, her price was competitive, not as steep as Ernest's, it's just that we got a way better deal with our choice supplier.

3. Other coordinators worth considering:

Our Choice - Tin Abad of Shimmer Events

Like I said, I had my biases. Tin is a good friend of mine and I recommended her to Joyce (she knows Tin personally as well). One reservation Joyce had was Tin's experience as a coordinator since compared to Christine or Ernest, she's relatively a neophyte in the business. I was open to Tin about this so at least she can assure Joyce that we'll be in good hands. I also gave my assurance to Joyce that I completely trust Tin that she can deliver. It's also my way of supporting a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment