Home

Saturday, November 13, 2010

01.30.11 - Suit: JC Buendia

Our Options
A suit for me looks the same whoever made it. That's why my initial choice for a suit maker was a random shop/tailor in Divisoria which makes suits for about 5-6K only. But then Joyce made me realize that it would be really nice to get a designer suit since we've got an awesome photographer. So I thought, maybe this would be a perfect time to splurge (the thought of this being a once in a lifetime thing can really be a pain in the pocket) and find out if it really is different from a Divisoria-made suit!

Just like the gown, it surprised me to know that a designer suit can cost up to P35,000, while a tailor-made suit ranges from 6-12k! Of course I had to feel like a celebrity on my wedding day, so I figured go for a designer suit.

1. Jorge Palmos - He was the first designer we visited upon knowing that his suits weren't as expensive as more famous designers like Randy Ortiz (whose 4 piece suit costs P35K). He sketched us the design of the suit and Joyce liked it mainly because the tie used was a cravat tie! Well, it was ok, I didn't see anything special in it. I also was not digging the cravat tie, I couldn't visualize myself looking good in it. Jorge's rates ranges from P15K-25K depending on the material used.

2. Marc Rancy - Since his shop was just along Buendia and we pass there everyday, we thought of inquiring with Marc Rancy. His suits start from P18K and could go up also depending on the material. He sketched me two designs, one was semi-adventurous while the other had more 'drama' in them. I actually liked the semi-adventurous one, but thought of looking for more options.

3. JC Buendia - Yes, the designer made famous by the president and his sister. JC was one of the most talked about designer after Kris Aquino declared to the world that he'll be doing PNoy's barong. I've also seen his name in some of the online forums I've visited while doing my research. I dropped by his office to ask for a sketch. He was so soft-spoken and didn't talk much, he just asked for some details of the wedding before going through his sketch. Again, a suit for me looked pretty much the same whoever drew it.

4. Veejay Floresca - I recognized Veejay from the reality show Project Runway Philippines, so I thought I'd check out works from a younger designer. Unfortunately, his prices are quite high for my budget.

Our Choice
Well, in the end, it all boiled down to the best feedback from forums and groups. Many considered designers like Francis Libiran, Randy Ortiz, Jerome Lorico to be really good when it comes to suits. The same has been said of JC Buendia. Upon finding out that JC's works start at just 20K, I thought I'd give him a shot. Though it didn't help much that he was too soft spoken, the feedback I've been getting have been enough for me to pick him.

Rate: Suits start at P20K depending on the material and design.

No comments:

Post a Comment