Home

Friday, November 19, 2010

01.30.11 - Photo: Metrophoto by Oly Ruiz


Our Options
Photographers are actually the easiest to book, simply because there's really a lot of them out there! But looking for the best one that showcases the style I like could be hard. Joyce actually gave me the freedom to pick our photographer, since I am OC about it. I wanted our photos to be unique and out of the ordinary, not too dramatic but captures our emotions and those of our guests.

1. Paul Vincent - He was the first photographer I contacted last March and to my surprise he was already booked on our wedding date! Ten months away and he was booked? I somehow panicked a bit because I might not get the photographer I like and settle for second best. But this was actually a blessing in disguise as you'll see later on in this post. His packages are reasonable and he doesn't charge any out of town fees for Tagaytay weddings, which was a plus.

2. Fol Rana - I was able to meet Fol personally and it was evident that he has been in the business for quite sometime. I felt though that his works were a bit traditional, so I didn't really feel his works.

3. Kenneth Uy - I saw Kenneth during the bridal fair and loved the framed photos that were displayed. During the time of our search, he had the cheapest packages and he was giving us a lot of freebies. But then I didn't want to rush things and book immediately, so I considered him and looked for more.

4. Dino Lara - If you love black & white, Dino Lara's the guy! His shots capture the emotions of everyone and his style is leaning towards the dramatic side of the wedding. His price though I thought were just too much for me.

5. Erron Ocampo - I actually loved Erron's style and play with colors, unfortunately, I didn't get to meet him since I was already decided on who to pick before I could set an appointment.

6. MangoRed - If you want different, then MangoRed would probably be best for you. They're just out of the ordinary and really adventurous in terms of style.

Others we didn't consider but are equally as good:


Our Choice - Metrophoto by Oly Ruiz

If I were to be honest with myself, Oly Ruiz was my first choice. When I first inquired, I was  a bit overwhelmed by the price so I told myself, I'll scrap him off my list even if I really loved his works. After missing out on my next choice (Paul Vincent), I thought why not schedule a meeting with Oly and see how that goes. 

So I scheduled a meeting with him one early morning. He was late, which wasn't really a good sign. When he arrived, I was actually starstrucked, but I didn't want to show it. He was very apologetic and at that time I had one eye brow raised (not literally of course, I don't have the skill). Then he asked me questions about our love story that softened me up. He showed me his albums and then the raw photos and at that point I already had my biases! So I called Joyce after the meeting and I'm sure she knew I sold myself to Metrophoto.

What I love about Metrophoto is how they play with colors. Really good! And the way they work with angles is just kick-ass! So there, I splurged and I'm happy I got the chance to get them!

Rate: Album packages start at P80K (there was a price increase recently, so this might not be accurate anymore)

No comments:

Post a Comment