Home

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

WATCH: Conan O'Brien's 2011 Dartmouth Commencement Speech

It took me days just to be able to load and play this as the Internet (wherever I was) was just too darn slow. So finally I got to watch it this morning and it just seems like a perfect way to start one's day - with humor and inspired!

I never imagined a comedian doing a commencement speech (Though if I were to believe Conan, he did it in 2000, so it has been done). Much of the speech were jokes, but he had really good things to say. A couple of my favorite lines that struck me in his speech:

"It is our failure to become our perceived ideal that ultimately defines us and makes us unique. It’s not easy, but if you accept your misfortune and handle it right, your perceived failure can be a catalyst for profound re-invention."

"No specific job or career goal defines me and it should not define you."



You can also watch it here or if your Internet sucks like mine, you can go through the transcript.

No comments:

Post a Comment